Stephen A. Kahn
Associate – Atlanta
Steve Kahn is an experienced attorney who represents insurers on a variety of claims. Steve has done significant work with Fields Howell clients on claims pertaining to property, products liability, bankruptcy/insolvency, and more.
Prior to joining Fields Howell, Steve was a Senior Associate at Ferguson, Frost, Moore & Young, LLP, in Birmingham, Alabama. There, he had a primary focus on complex litigation and coverage defense. Steve served as a staff attorney for the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit from 2011-2013.
Steve has served as a law clerk for Owens and Millsaps, LLP; a judicial intern for the Honorable Michael Warren of the Oakland County Circuit Court; and as a legal intern in the Domestic Cable Distribution Office at Warner Brothers in Burbank, California. While in school, he served as a Career Services Office Representative and President of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society, while also earning the Lanier, Ford, Shaver & Payne Award in Intellectual Property.
Steve earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Alabama School of Law, magna cum laude, in 2010. While there, Steve served as a senior editor on the Law Review and as a member of the JAG Moot Court Team.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D. 2010
- magna cum laude
- Alabama Law Review, Senior Editor
- Judge Advocate General Moot Court Team
- Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2007
- University Honors
Presentations and Publications
FDCPA and Collecting the Judgment – 2014
State Bar of Alabama
State Bar of Michigan
State Bar of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Succeeded at summary judgment in a declaratory judgment action filed in the Northern District of Alabama.
- Succeeded at summary judgment in a subrogation action against a contractor who burned down an insured’s house.
- Succeeded on a motion to dismiss in a multi-million dollar property loss claim.