Jennifer W. Wolak
Partner – Atlanta
Jennifer Wolak serves as coverage and monitoring counsel for numerous London-based and U.S. insurance carriers. Her practice focuses primarily on professional liability claims against large U.S. law firms and attorneys, insurance brokers, third party administrators, architects and engineers, long term care facilities and other professionals.
Jennifer has represented and advised clients with respect to a wide range of insurance policies, including professional liability policies for lawyers, accountants, architects, engineers, directors and officers, and long-term care professionals.She has also worked on media and technology policies, cyber risk/data privacy policies,commercial liability policies, and employment practices policies. Additionally, Jennifer has extensive experience representing professional liability reinsurers.
Jennifer has significant direct defense and appellate litigation experience, representing clients in state and federal trial and appellate courts as well as arbitration. Jennifer has represented insurers in coverage litigation, employment related claims, and professional negligence claims. She has also litigated suits involving contractual commercial disputes, business torts, restrictive covenants, trade secrets, unfair competition, violations of state and federal securities laws, and construction defects. Jennifer’s clients have included professional liability insurance carriers, Fortune 500 companies, financial advisors, broker-dealers, insurance brokers, commercial landlords, and domestic health, life, and liability insurance carriers.
Prior to joining Fields Howell, Jennifer completed a clerkship with the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals Staff Attorneys’ Office.
Jennifer received her Juris Doctor from Syracuse University College of Law in 2000.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., 2000
- The National Italian American Journal, Executive Editor
- CALI Achievement of Excellence Award in Professional Ethics
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., 1997
Presentations and Publications
Cryptocurrency: Key Areas of Concern for Attorneys. Co-authored with Samantha L. Rowles, Adam I. Adler, and Jennifer Groszek (August 2018)
“Privacy & Cybersecurity for Law Firms, Identifying and Mitigating the Risks,” Client Presentation in New York, New York (July 2018)
“Bet-the-firm Litigation: When a Bankruptcy Trustee Comes Calling,” ABA National Legal Malpractice Conference (April 2018)
“Cyber Liability Legal Malpractice Insurance for Your Practice,” State Bar of Georgia’s Solo and Small Firm Institute (July 2017)
“Ethically and Professionally Engaging in the Profession,” Paralegal Ethics Retreat, presented to Nelson Mullins in Atlanta, Georgia (April 2014)
American Bar Association
Atlanta Bar Association
Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
GAWL Foundation Board 2009-2012
GAWL Leadership Academy Class of 2009
Professional Liability Underwriters Society
Georgia Rising Star Super Lawyer 2010-2011
United States Supreme Court
Jennifer’s Primary Practice Areas Are:
Jennifer Also Has Experience In:
- Representing Lloyd’s Market and domestic liability insurance carriers in complex legal malpractice litigation against large U.S. law firms.
- Representing insurance brokers in professional liability action.
- Representing national broker-dealer and bank in an arbitration in an action for tortious interference with contract and aiding and abetting the breach of non-solicitation agreement.
- Representing insurers in cyber and privacy related coverage matters.
- Representing national health insurance company in an action against broker and former customer for negligent misrepresentation in connection with application and procurement of a health insurance policy.
- Representing Georgia based Fortune 500 Company in action for breach of contract and misrepresentation.
- Representing homeowner in breach of contract and negligent construction claim against builder and developer of residence.