Samantha L. Rowles
Partner – Atlanta
Samantha Lemery Rowles serves as coverage and monitoring counsel for several international and domestic insurance carriers, focusing primarily on professional liability claims against attorneys and other professionals.She assists professionals in identifying potential exposure and managing risk.
Samantha also has extensive direct defense experience and has represented clients in a broad spectrum of matters including products liability, medical malpractice, real estate, commercial, automobile liability, and attorney malpractice litigation. Her clients have included product manufacturers, medical practitioners, healthcare facilities, and a Fortune 500 company. She has successfully crafted creative pre-litigation solutions to address her clients’ concerns, as well as aggressively defended her clients in both state and federal court litigation. She also helps organizations navigate regulatory investigations.
Additionally, Samantha has been retained to advise clients regarding cyber and privacy-related risks. For example, Samantha directed a forensic investigation of a personal device to assess whether the device was compromised and analyzed the implications of the release of personal information to unauthorized recipients. Samantha assembles a team of experts to identify the scope of the problem, manage the exposure, and prevent future incidents. Samantha received her Juris Doctor from Emory University School of Law in 2008.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2008
- University of Wisconsin, B.S., 2004
Presentations and Publications
Cryptocurrency: Key Areas of Concern for Attorneys. Co-authored with Jennifer W. Wolak, Adam I. Adler, and Jennifer Groszek (August 2018)
“Insuralex Talks: Tomorrow’s ‘New Normal’ is Here” – Technology and Product Liability Exposures – Internet of Things” – November 5, 2015 at The Grammy Museum, Los Angeles, California
Atlanta Bar Association
Professional Liability Underwriters Association
Insuralex Member Hub
Southern Loss Association
Super Lawyers Rising Stars – Insurance Coverage: 2018
- Representing Lloyd’s Market and domestic liability insurance carriers in monitoring complex malpractice litigation against large U.S. law firms in a variety of practice areas, as well as employment and commercial litigation
- Represented real estate agency in successfully opening state court default
- Defended sealant product manufacturer in multidistrict litigation
- Defended manufacturer of axle components in personal injury lawsuit with catastrophic injury exposure
- Assisted with litigation involving various manufacturers of computer software programs designed to facilitate proper prescriptions for patients
- Defended various medical practitioners in medical malpractice lawsuits in which the nature of the drugs prescribed, the effects of those drugs, and the duty to warn were central issues in the litigation
- Defended owner of genetic testing technology in a products liability lawsuit
- Defended prescription drug manufacturer in multidistrict litigation