John P. Golden
Associate – Miami
Prior to joining Fields Howell, John practiced defense litigation in state and federal courts pertaining to medical malpractice, general liability, commercial litigation, and real estate law.
As a law student, John gained experience as a legal intern for the Association of Operations Management. He also interned at a major national law firm in Chicago, where he gained valuable experience in intellectual property, employment, and labor law.
John graduated from the Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2014 where he was a leader in Civil Procedure. While in school, he received a CALI book award in Civil Procedure and went on to become a teaching assistant on the topic. He also served as the submissions editor for the Chicago-Kent Journal of Intellectual Property.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2014
- Chicago-Kent Journal of Intellectual Property, Submissions Editor
- University of Florida, B.A., 2011
State Bar of Florida
United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Successfully defended and argued against plaintiff’s post-trial motion challenging the constitutionality of cap of non-economic damages provided in Fla. Stat. § 766.209 on behalf of a Florida hospital.
- Counseled technology startup on issues such as equity agreements, intellectual property, incorporation papers, and liability policies and procedures.
- Represented and defended physicians, nurses, and hospitals in medical malpractice cases.
- Successfully prepared and prosecuted trademark application at the United States Patent and Trademark Office on behalf of technology startup.
- Assisted in defense of corporate clients in various labor and employment matters including matters before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.