Rachel E. Hudgins
Associate – Atlanta
Prior to joining Fields Howell, Rachel worked for another Atlanta law firm, gaining experience in the areas of commercial general liability, automobile, crime, cyber liability, and property insurance policies. She has spoken at insurance industry conferences and in-house seminars on a variety of topics, including insurance fraud in the “gig” economy, complex bodily injury claims, and reserving attorney’s fees claw-back rights.
Rachel graduated with honors from University of Georgia School of Law in 2012, where she practiced with the Western Circuit Public Defender’s Office under the Student Practice Act and served as a certified mediator in Athens-Clarke County Magistrate Court.
- University of Georgia, J.D., 2012
- cum laude
- Hugh Burgess Scholarship and Law School Association Scholarship recipient
- Emory University, B.A., 2008
- Alpha Kappa Delta Honors Society
Presentations and Publications
Presented at national conferences on ride-sharing coverage gaps, fraud in the sharing or “gig” economy, and litigating complex bodily injury cases.
Defense Research Institute
Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
State Bar of Georgia
U.S. Virgin Islands
Georgia Supreme Court
Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- Obtained dismissal of constitutional and conspiracy claims in federal court brought against a homeowners’ association that was seeking to protect a National Historic District.
- Argued successful motions for summary judgment in premises liability actions.
- Negotiated and drafted an employment contract for a major league baseball television and radio personality, including negotiation of the amicable early termination of prior employment contract with an international sports television network.