Kristian N. Smith
Associate – Atlanta
Prior to joining Fields Howell, Kristian was an associate focusing on commercial and complex litigation. She managed all aspects of the discovery process and assisted with mediations, arbitrations and trials in both state and federal court. She has represented Fortune 500 companies in successful arbitration resulting in full dismissals. Kristian also has experience defending automotive and medical manufacturers against claims of manufacturing defect, fraud, and wrongful death.
Kristian graduated with honors from Emory University School of Law in 2015 and was a member of the Moot Court Society.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2015
- with honors
- University of Tennessee, B.S., 2011
- summa cum laude
- Chancellor’s Honors Program
- Mortar Board National Honor Society
State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyers Division
Defense Research Institute
Moot Court Society
Delta Gamma Sorority
Georgia Bar Association
- Representing Lloyd’s Market and domestic liability insurance carriers in monitoring complex malpractice litigation against large U.S. law firms in a variety of practice areas.
- Represented insurers in coverage litigation with respect to property damage claims at commercial properties, arising from a variety of perils including hail, theft, fire, vandalism, windstorm, and flood.
- Represented insurer in litigation involving insurance coverage matters including breach of contract and bad faith.