Julieth A. Fresco
Associate – Miami
Prior to joining Fields Howell, Julieth worked on a number of complex litigation cases, gaining valuable experience in successfully guiding her clients through depositions, hearings, settlement negotiations, and trial. In addition to her professional career, Julieth also dedicated her time to volunteering, representing unaccompanied children in need of legal assistance, through the Cuban American Bar Association.
Julieth obtained her Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from St. Thomas University School of Law in 2011, graduating in the top 5% of her class. Julieth was a member of the St. Thomas Law Review, the Moot Court Board and a Dean’s Merit Scholar. Throughout law school, Julieth earned eleven CALI book awards and was invited to address candidates for bar admission before the Florida Third District Court of Appeals.
- St. Thomas University School of Law, 2011, J.D.,
- magna cum laude
- St. Thomas Law Review, Member
- Moot Court Board
- Dean’s Merit Scholar
- Florida Gulf Coast University, 2008, B.A.
Miami-Dade County Bar Association
Florida Women Lawyers Association
United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
Cuban American Bar Association, Volunteer Attorney
- Represented a cruise ship passenger who was injured while participating in a zip line shore excursion sold and advertised by the cruise line. Defeated motion for summary judgment on alleged failure to warn and negligent retention counts. The case was settled on the second day of trial.
- Represented excess insurer in matter involving drowning of disabled minor child at Insured’s rental property. Successfully defeated claim for punitive damages and matter resolved well within policy limits of excess insurer.