Joseph R. Menning
Partner – Chicago
Joseph “Joe” R. Menning is an insurance coverage attorney in Chicago, Illinois. He serves as coverage and monitoring counsel for domestic and international insurers with respect to various professional liability policies. Joe specializes in professional liability policies for accountants, lawyers, consultants, and insurance brokers, advising insurers as to potential coverage issues and guiding them through dispute resolution. In addition to his coverage and monitoring work, Joe offers presentations to insured law firms where he provides advice and guidance on risk mitigation and avoidance.
Joe joined Fields Howell in 2020, bringing a wealth of knowledge from his previous role at a regional office of a global law firm. He has been in private practice for over a decade, having first joined a small law firm after earning his Juris Doctor from the University of Illinois College of Law in 2006. Before attending law school, Joe earned a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science from Santa Clara University. He is admitted to practice in the states of Illinois and Maryland and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2006
- Santa Clara University, B.S., B.A., 2001
State Bar of Illinois
State Bar of Maryland
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Professional Liability Underwriters Society (PLUS)
- Lead Insurance Counsel for several of the largest 50 accounting firms in the United States
- Lead Insurance Counsel for several AmLaw200 firms
- Lead Insurance Counsel for numerous regional, boutique and specialty law firms, including some of the United States’ most prominent plaintiffs’ class action law firms.