Jocelyn C. DeMars
Associate – Atlanta
Jocelyn Cubbon DeMars provides insurance coverage advice to domestic and international insurers regarding multiple types of insurance. She has provided advice in the areas of commercial general liability, commercial property, marine, contingency and E&O claims. Jocelyn also serves as coverage and monitoring counsel for several domestic and international insurers, concentrating in professional liability claims against attorneys. Jocelyn has pursued declaratory judgment actions and defended breach of contract and bad faith actions against insurers in both first-party and third-party cases. She also handles direct defense work. Prior to joining Fields Howell, Jocelyn’s practice was focused primarily on commercial litigation. Jocelyn received her Juris Doctor from University of Toledo College of Law in 2010 where she graduated cum laude. Additionally Jocelyn served as the Editor-in-Chief of the University of Toledo Law Review.
- University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., 2010
- cum laude
- University of Toledo Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2005
Atlanta Bar Association
American Bar Association
Notre Dame Law Club of Atlanta
University of Toledo Law Review
- Defending Lloyd’s Market in bad faith coverage litigation, including obtaining a dismissal of Lloyd’s Market through a motion to dismiss.
- Represented domestic insurer in litigation involving insurance coverage matters including breach of contract and bad faith.
- Prosecuting declaratory judgment action on a contingency policy on behalf of Lloyd’s Market.
- Representing Lloyd’s Market and domestic liability insurance carriers in monitoring complex malpractice litigation against large U.S. law firms in a variety of practice areas.